I am an internationally experienced designer and brand identity specialist, specialised in defining new products from its core values all the way up to its (physical) appearance.
MMID Full Service Design Team (Delft, the Netherlands) Designer Look&Feel, Brand Identity specialist
Freelance Designer Various companies
Pilots Product Design (Amsterdam, the Netherlands) Designer & PR Communication
Pentagram (London, United Kingdom) Freelance designer
IDEO (London, United Kingdom) Internship Product Design
Royal College of Art, London (UK) MA Design products (2003 – 2005)
Royal Academy of Fine Arts (KABK), Den Haag (the Netherlands) BA Architectural Design, Interior Architecture, Furniture- and Product Design (1998 – 2003)
Awards & Exhibitions
- ESEF 2014 award, Public choice. Flamcovent clean smart, by MMID Full service design team
- ESEF 2014 award, Design & Engineering. Flamcovent clean smart, by MMID Full service design team
- GIO 2013 (Good Industrial Design Award). Priva Blue ID, by MMID Full service design team
- Winner Sport App Awards of the year 2011 & 2012 (NL) hockey.nl iPhone app
- Pentawards 2010, Bronze award. Oilily Lucky Girl, Designed by Pilots Design Team & BrandNew
- GIO 2010 (Good Industrial Design Award). Urban Icon, by Pilots Design Team
- ADCN 2010, Nomination. Oilily Lucky Girl, Designed by Pilots Design Team & BrandNew
- GIO 2009 (Good Industrial Design Award) For the MoveFlow, Designed by Pilots Design Team
- Finalist National Liander EV Charging Design Competition. Urban Icon, by Pilots Design Team
- ‘your way to Coway’ design competition, 2006.Short listed (www.designboom.com).
- Design Mart 2005-2006 at the Design Museum in London An exhibition of the work of 8 talented young furniture and product designers, which toured in 2005 and 2006 to The Hub, Lincolnshire; The Harris Museum and Art Gallery, Lancashire a.o.
- Twinkle, twinkle new light from the UK Touring exhibition hosted by the British Council.
- Koizumi International Lighting Design competition, 2005 (Japan) Bronze award & winner Best Design Award Internet Voting
- Ruth Drew Lighting Award 2005
- Finalist The Student Lighting Award 2005 (UK)
- DesignMai, Doing by doing (Germany) Exhibition during the DesignMai Berlin
- Finalist Pergo Flooring competition 2004
- Short listed Garrard jewellery and luxury items competition (UK) 2003
- Bursary Prins Bernhard Cultuurfonds (NL)
- Bursary Fonds BKVB (NL)
- Accepted at the Domus Academy SpA, Milano (IT)
- First prize ‘Gasunie Ster&Cultuur’ competition. (Concept for 8 sec. movie broadcasted from Dec. 2002 – Feb. 2003 on Ned.3)